Facebook is the world’s largest social network, with nearly 2.45 billion monthly active users. With so many users on the platform, Facebook offers a massive opportunity for supplement brand owners to promote their supplements and expand their reach in an increasingly eCommerce-oriented world. Brands that do not market their supplements on Facebook are missing out on a huge market, and therefore, potential sales.
But the question remains: how can you effectively use Facebook as a means to market your supplement? To help you navigate the complexities of marketing on Facebook, here is a guide to launching a successful Facebook marketing campaign.
Set Up a Facebook Business Page
To start marketing your supplements on Facebook, you have to create a Facebook business page first. This is a simple process, but make sure you optimize your page with the following:
- Branded Profile Picture and Cover Images
- Accurate Business Information, including your business name, a category that best describes your business, contact information, location, working hours, and any other important information
- About Us / “Our Story”, highlighting your business strengths and showing your audience why they should engage with your brand
Market Your Supplements on Facebook
Marketing your supplements on Facebook is a long-term strategy that will help build your customer base. With so many active daily users on the platform, leveraging Facebook is one of the surefire ways to increase brand awareness and expose your brand to new audiences.
Here are 5 tips on how you can capitalize on Facebook’s huge user base and successfully market your supplements on Facebook:
1. Showcase Your Benefits
Don’t just use Facebook as a way to get someone to buy your product. It’s highly unlikely anyone is going to purchase from you if they aren’t familiar with you or your product. Take the time to highlight the benefits of your supplement. If your supplement is an immune-booster, create and post a graphic that expands on how your supplement strengthens the immune system. If your product can help with joint pain, create blog content on how your supplement can help with osteoarthritis (OA) or other forms of arthritis. Delivering relevant and valuable information to your audiences will show them that you are a trustworthy brand.
2. Highlight Social Proof
Nowadays, customers always check reviews online before buying anything. Use this to your advantage by displaying customer testimonials or positive reviews on your page. Don’t be afraid to engage with your community and ask your customers if they would like to share their experience. Whether through a video or graphic, sharing some of your brand’s success stories will help instill a sense of trust and confidence among those who are interested in and, ultimately, convince them to finally purchase your supplement.
3. Launch Facebook Ads
Due to the millions-upon-millions of users on the platform, Facebook has a lot of customer data that brands like yourself can leverage. This means that through Facebook ads, you’ll have the opportunity to show off your supplement to the right audience at the right time. By default, Facebook advertising allows you to finely target your audience by location, age, gender, interests, connections, relationship status, languages, education, and workplaces.
When putting together your ads, you will want to be sure your brand communicates its values clearly and that your call-to-action is enticing. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different media, including cool graphics, lifestyle photography, and branded videos. Some good ideas for Facebook Ad campaigns include offering a limited trial or free samples or seasonal offers or sales
4. Install Facebook Pixel on Your Site
One of Facebook’s most powerful capabilities, Facebook Pixel, gives you the opportunity to get even more granular with the audiences you are targeting through your Facebook advertising. By allowing you to optimally leverage your visitor data, Facebook Pixel can help you increase your ROI through improved Facebook ad conversion rates.
The Facebook Pixel is a small piece of code that you can install on your site. This code triggers cookies that track users who interact with both your web page and your Facebook ads. The data that Facebook pixel provides can be used for:
- Re-targeting: Retargeting your Facebook ads is a powerful way for your brand to stay top of mind with your site visitors who’ve shown interest but have not converted. Powered by Facebook Pixel, the items your customers left behind can show up as ads in their Facebook feed, giving them the nudge they need to purchase the supplements.
- Lookalike audiences: With the Facebook Pixel installed, you’ll be able to create “Lookalike Audiences” based on previous customers or people who have engaged with your Facebook page. This eliminates the guessing game on who you should target by showing your ads again to those most likely to purchase your product.
5. Always Test your Facebook Ads
To make sure your ads are as effective as they can be, test different headlines, text, images, and videos. Doing so can give you insight into what messaging is really resonating with your target audience. But, make sure you are testing one element at a time – whether it’s the image or ad copy – so you can accurately understand the impact of the change on ad performance.
Facebook Advertising Policies
Facebook’s advertising platform has a number of strict rules that you as a supplement brand owner must follow for your ad to be approved. Here are the most important rules to keep in mind:
- Misleading or false content, like deceptive claims, is prohibited. Rather than using claims that your supplement “can cure” diseases or illnesses, take a softer approach, using phrases like “supports” or “helps”.
- Facebook does have a list of supplements (though not exhaustive) that are prohibited from its platform, such as anabolic steroids, chitosan, comfrey, dehydroepiandrosterone, ephedra, and human growth hormones.
- Do not use images that suggest negative self-perception or capitalize on insecurities, such as before-and-after photos. Focus on the positive effects of your product; a good example is to highlight the health benefits of your supplements rather than how it can help a customer lose weight.
Start Marketing on Facebook
Facebook advertising can be a great marketing channel for your supplement brand. It’s a platform where you can build your brand and educate your audience about the benefits of your supplement. Exposed to a wider fanbase, you’ll be able to capture a larger market share and thus, generate higher profit margins.