Over the years, skincare has become a daily regimen for many consumers. In addition to utilizing serums and moisturizers, consumers have been complimenting their beauty regimens with dietary supplements to support their skin health. One of the most popular ingredients for skin health is hyaluronic acid, which declines considerably as one ages. These changes account for some of the most significant changes consumers see in their skin as they age, such as wrinkles, decreased skin elasticity, and reduced microvessel support. With a market value of $8.5 billion, consumers are becoming more and more aware of the benefits of hyaluronic acid.
As such, supplement business owners should start creating supplements that incorporate it, such as Dermial®, to stand out in a saturated market.
What is Dermial®?
Dermial® is an innovative ingredient formulated by Bioiberica. Procured through a proprietary manufacturing process, Dermial® is a rich source of glycosaminoglycans with up to 70% hyaluronic acid content. It also contains dermatan sulfate and collagen, which are designed to support skin health and help keep skin tissue stay both hydrated and nourished. Not only that but Dermial® stimulates the synthesis of endogenous hyaluronic acid (eHA), which is even more powerful in retaining water and keeping the skin moisturized compared to fermented hyaluronic acid.
Extensive research on Dermial® supports its effectiveness on improved skin health. Studies have shown that Dermial® increases the level of intracellular hyaluronic acid in human cells which enhances its anti-aging qualities and its regenerative effect. According to the study, Dermial® was able to improve both skin moisture by 30% and elastin synthesis by 16%. Additionally, it was shown to be a potent inductor of fibroblast migration and was also able to increase the proliferation index by 100%.
The Benefits of Dermial®
As a hyaluronic acid matrix, Dermial® provides ample benefits with regular consumption when it comes to skin health. These benefits include:
- Contains a hydrating action and also the ability to potentiate elastin production*
- Has regenerative properties thanks to its effects on cell proliferation and migration*
- Stimulates the synthesis of eHA*
- Protects against the breakdown of skin collagen*
- Increases fibroblast proliferation and migration*
- Induces the production of elastin*
Formulating with Dermial®
Dermial® promotes skin health and can be used in a variety of new applications. If you are looking to formulate with Dermial®, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- It is safe, stable, and easy to handle.
- It is available in an encapsulated form and is designed to be taken orally after a meal.
- Each capsule roughly contains 50% of the recommended daily value of hyaluronate a day. This means that a daily intake of 2 capsules is the ideal quantity for consumption.
- It has a high potency, making it effective when taken in low dosages (40-80mg per day)
- It supports skin nutrition and hydration.
- It has a solid regulatory framework and is approved by GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe).
Supplement brands looking to break into the beauty and skincare space should start creating supplements that incorporate Dermial® to stand out and stay relevant in the dietary supplement industry. Dermial® offers a multitude of benefits and provides a safe and effective way for consumers to improve skin hydration and elasticity. It is a multifaceted ingredient, making it an enticing addition to all dietary supplements.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Dermial® is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.